By no means do I think this is a traditional guacamole! This recipe happened as a result of weird ingredients in the kitchen during quarantine and we loved it so much that it has become the only way we make it. We use lemon instead of lime (gasp!) and we add raw red onion for some texture and bite. The lemon makes it more tangy than a traditional guacamole which if you know me...
I am here for tang!
It takes less than 10 mins to make and is easy to double or triple for larger parties. This is a small serving, I would say for two people (my house).
1 large avocado
1-2 tablespoons red onion, diced
1 lemon, halved
salt & pepper
1. Half and pit the avocado, Place in a medium bowl.
2. Squeeze half of the lemon over the avocado and begin to smash.
3. Once the avocado is at your desired texture, mix in the chopped red onion (great bench scraper moment), salt and pepper.
4. Taste to see if you want the other half of lemon or more salt and pepper.
5. Scoop out into your serving bowl and serve!
Oxygen is an avocados enemy. It is best if made right before your are ready to eat. If you have leftovers or need to make it ahead of time, use plastic wrap and press it directly on top of the guacamole pushing out any air bubble. You want zero air bubble! Place it in the fridge until ready to eat. I do not recommend making more than 24 hrs in advance. If it does get brown on top just scrape the top off and you should be good.
Hope you make it & I hope you love it! If you do make it, shoot me a DM or tag me so I can seeeeee! @lavidataprut