Grilled Chicken Tacos
Grilled tacos?! Why have I not been making these my entire life!? We discovered them a few months ago and now they are a weekly meal. So simple to make and truly all about the toppings which are usually my guac and the cucumber pico which you already have the recipe for. I have a feeling that these will quickly become a staple meal in your home.
This recipe could serve 4 to 6 or more if you serve it with rice & beans. Which I highly recommend. It is perfect for summer gatherings!
2-3 chicken breast, sliced into cutlets
salt & pepper
3 tablespoons your favorite taco seasoning
1 dozen fajita or taco style tortillas (corn or flour)
2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. If you have super thick chicken breasts after slicing them into cutlets, give them a quick pound to make them about 1/4 inch thick.
2. Season your chicken with a drizzle of olive oil, salt pepper and your choice of taco seasoning on both sides. Let it sit for a couple minutes while your grill is warming up.
3. Turn on your grill and let it get in the 400 degree range.
4. Place your seasoned cutlets on the grill for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Set aside to rest.
5. Take 2-3 of your tortillas and place them on the grill to warm up. Remove and cover with cheese and place back on the grill until the tortilla has charred and the cheese has melted. Repeat until all your tortillas have been cheesed.
6. Slice the rested chicken into irregular chunks and serve on top of the cheesy tortillas!
Serve up the tacos with all the yummy toppings for a "family style" spread; guac, cucumber pico, hot sauce, sour cream, lime, cilantro...there are so many I could keep naming, but these are the toppings I usually have on hand. I also like to have Spanish rice and beans to complete the meal. Oh and chips!! Tortilla chips are an absolute must.
I have made this for gatherings and I've also cut the recipe way down to make it it for Phil and I. Everyone loves it! Hope you try it out and love it just as well!